Wednesday, July 2

No I have not had my baby yet...

Questions you do not want to hear the day of your due date:

1. Are you still carrying around that basketball?
2. What are you still doing here?
3. Are you still pregnant?
4. Why hasn't the baby come yet?
5. And my favorite: Weren't you due before me?

Yes, I have heard all of those questions today alone as well as others! The last one was today at the mall, I ran into a girl from my Childbirth Preparation course from the hospital who was due on July 13th and there she was with her brand new baby boy! AHHH! If you feel as if I am ignoring you, you are not alone. Without meaning to, I have started shutting people out, basically due to the questions that I do not want to answer.

No, I am not dilated according to the doctor visit yesterday. Yes, I am frustrated. Yes, I know it is God's timing not my own. Yes, I know the baby will come when he is ready. No, none of these responses make me feel any better. For those of you who are curious, I did go and see the doctor yesterday, I am not dilated as I stated earlier and so if I have not given birth by next Monday, I will see the doctor then and they will set a date to induce me at that time. Until then all we can do is wait. and waiting is not fun!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I am sure that is very annoying! We will try not to say anything. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you but refrained from calling and bugging you about what was going on... I told myself, "She'll call... Just let her be for now!" So, now I'm glad I did! But I would LOVE to talk to you so if you want to chat give me a call and I promise not to ask annoying questions! :o) And if you don't want to chat then I'll talk to you once a baby is here! And either way, I love you lots and lots!