Friday, January 29
The one that has been there since the beginning?
The monkey that made it into professional pictures and family portraits?
His Friend, comfort, sleep aid and constant companion?
Yeah! That one!
He's gone. I can't find him anywhere. The sad thing is, I don't even know where we lost him at! The last time we really saw him was on Sunday, January 3rd. He came to Disneyland with us, and was carried around all over the park!
I know we made it home with him that day. But I can't remember where we may have taken him next where we lost him. I have called 3 Targets, 2 Restaurants, Costco, Daycare...He is no where to be found.
So if anyone sees a little monkey laying around missing a little boy to love, let me know!
Thursday, January 28
I love you and hate you.
I love that you provide additional support
to my tummy on long days,
I love that you help keep my pants
with real buttons around my waist,
and how you help the maternity pants without enough elastic.
I love that you can be folded to provide
different levels of support and comfort.
But most of all, I hate that it takes that much longer to get my pants off to go to the bathroom.
Because, let me tell you, when someone is using your bladder as a bean-bag chair -
Every second counts!
Wednesday, January 27
The Big Boy after look:
They were very sweet and gave us a little certificate for his first hair cut, they also kept a bit of hair for me to keep in his baby book, but they taped over it completely so it looks really funny. Luckily, I also picked up a curl that had been cut off, so I was able to put it in the little pocket in Brendan's baby book. Overall he did fairly well. He didn't squirm too much, you know, for being a 1 year old. He did try to help with the comb they gave him. Now my baby is really turning into a little bot, but a handsome one I must say (as a mother).
I also want to give a small shout out to Great-Grandma Reed. Brendan got to wear his new shoes and shirt that we purchased with the Christmas Gift Card from G.G. Reed. Brendan was in desperate need of new shoes, and I just think they are adorable!!
Monday, January 25
- Although all the books say I should be "feeling good" at this point, I'm not sure if I am really there. Since I am in my second trimester, usually morning sickness goes away. Unfortunately for me, my morning sickness got worse after Christmas. After a couple weeks, it seemed to get better.
- The baby is moving like crazy! I can even see his movements when I just watch my tummy. It is actually one of the most enjoyable moments of my day, when I can sit back with my hands on my tummy, feeling his movements. My mom was able to feel a few of his movements when really concentrating at Christmas time. Scott of course has also felt the baby move and kick.
- I have had 3 doctor appointments since my last update. I feel like I have had a lot lately, and it gets a little frustrating to have to miss work for this many appointments.
- Scott was able to go with me to the Ultrasound a few days before Christmas. We were able to confirm that the baby is indeed a boy. No doubt about it!
- I then had an appointment with my normal doctor, who referred me back to the specialist for a few more tests.
- The specialist did another ultrasound. This time I didn't get to see as much of the baby as they were mostly doing measurements of the head and heart and such. Luckily, the appointment was quick and they said I shouldn't have to go back to the specialist again for this pregnancy.
- I am suppose to have another appointment today, but I think I am going to have to reschedule. I am sick today and not sure if they want me to come in.
- I didn't realize how much earlier I was showing with this pregnancy. I knew I began to show early, but I looked back on pictures of myself halfway through the pregnancy with Brendan and was shocked at how much bigger I am with this one. Unfortunately, with no scale at home, I am not sure how much weight I have gained. That is something I am going to ask the doctor at my next appointment. I don't want to gain too much weight!
- I have been experiencing a lot more braxton-hicks contractions lately. Some are even uncomfortable for me. They come on especailly after I do a lot of walking. Even walking in form the back of the parking lot at work carrying my laptop. I think I am going to talk to my doctor about these as well. I know that it is possible to get them at this point in the pregnancy, but it still feels too early for me.
- Scott and I started our baby registries this weekend. BabiesRus & Target. We haven't registered for a lot since there isn't too much that we need with this one. There are a few things that I didn't have with Brendan that I wish that I did. So we registered for them, and maybe we will see. We are still planning on keeping this pregnancy at a lower key since it is our second.
- Overall I think I am doing well. Completely in Maternity clothes at this point, feeling pretty good although I am still tired most of the time and i have to remind myself to slow down, take things easy and not try to do too much. I am excited for the weeks ahead as I get further into my pregnancy.
Thursday, January 14
I keep trying to think of where he got this from. The doctor says these viruses are "a dime a dozen, almost every kid out there is contagious." I don't think he got it from Day Care. My guess is from a kid at church on Sunday morning. That is the most logical considering he started showing symptoms on Monday. I guess it doesn't really matter. The important thing is that he will be okay, if we could even just get this fever to go away!
This does make my 3rd day off from work, and although you would think I would be enjoying this break from my job, I am not. It is actually just stressing me out more. This is not a good time for my office to be off, and it is not like I am able to go places with Brendan (Disneyland, Aquarium, even the mall) instead, I am stuck here in this house with a very fussy, hot toddler who cannot express what he wants. Although, I am pretty sure even he doesn't really know what he wants.
Yesterday we had a fairly normal temperature for most of the day, I thought we were on the mend and I would be able to head back to work. But last night when Brendan woke up crying at 1:30 am, his temperature had gone back up to 103.2. Here we go again.
This morning at 8:30 it was 101 and I knew it would be another day in the house. We did make it outside the house for about half an hour as I pushed Brendan on the swing on our front porch. If I had more energy, I probably would have taken a walk with the stroller around the neighborhood.
I do feel bad for him. Having a fever for this long must be very uncomfortable. The doctor says there is not much we can do; Tylenol, and wait it out. The fever could last 3-7 days. I try to have patience with him, but the truth is I am going crazy. He doesn't want to eat, but he stands in the kitchen crying. I can't get any work done because he wants to be held all the time. I just wish he could express himself better than just standing there crying.
The good news is that he is currently down for a nap. Which means, I had time to shower, load & run the dishwasher, write this blog post, and now I need to fold a load of laundry before he wakes up. Pray for us! I hope it ends soon!
Monday, January 11
Brendan cuddling with Daddy
Kevin (Scott's Cousin) & Holly. Holly is actually due with her baby 2 days after me! We are very excited!
Friday, January 8
Jenni, Tawni, Shanda & Myself at Mimi’s
After breakfast with the girls, I went home to get ready for lunch (I feel as though all I really did was eat during Christmas). Our lunch was very special. Scott’s Uncle Kirby & Aunt Cindy took us out for a late lunch at the melting pot. My sister was able to watch Brendan so we could enjoy a nice long, peaceful lunch. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the wonderful meal, but the afternoon was so enjoyable. The food (of course), the company, the conversation.
Thank you so much Uncle Kirby & Aunt Cindy!
Brendan sitting in Grandpa Keys' Rocking Chair
Brendan with his first experience in unwrapping presents this holiday, he got pretty good at it!
The Grandchildren were not the only ones spoiled, Scott received a Shop Vac for the Garage as well as additional tools to add to his collection, which keeps growing every year! I received cash that was intended for me to spend on myself only! I did share however, and we purchased items for the family together at Target.
Since we don't get to see Grandpa Keys very often, it was really nice to spend the afternoon together, and really appreciate family.