- Although all the books say I should be "feeling good" at this point, I'm not sure if I am really there. Since I am in my second trimester, usually morning sickness goes away. Unfortunately for me, my morning sickness got worse after Christmas. After a couple weeks, it seemed to get better.
- The baby is moving like crazy! I can even see his movements when I just watch my tummy. It is actually one of the most enjoyable moments of my day, when I can sit back with my hands on my tummy, feeling his movements. My mom was able to feel a few of his movements when really concentrating at Christmas time. Scott of course has also felt the baby move and kick.
- I have had 3 doctor appointments since my last update. I feel like I have had a lot lately, and it gets a little frustrating to have to miss work for this many appointments.
- Scott was able to go with me to the Ultrasound a few days before Christmas. We were able to confirm that the baby is indeed a boy. No doubt about it!
- I then had an appointment with my normal doctor, who referred me back to the specialist for a few more tests.
- The specialist did another ultrasound. This time I didn't get to see as much of the baby as they were mostly doing measurements of the head and heart and such. Luckily, the appointment was quick and they said I shouldn't have to go back to the specialist again for this pregnancy.
- I am suppose to have another appointment today, but I think I am going to have to reschedule. I am sick today and not sure if they want me to come in.
- I didn't realize how much earlier I was showing with this pregnancy. I knew I began to show early, but I looked back on pictures of myself halfway through the pregnancy with Brendan and was shocked at how much bigger I am with this one. Unfortunately, with no scale at home, I am not sure how much weight I have gained. That is something I am going to ask the doctor at my next appointment. I don't want to gain too much weight!
- I have been experiencing a lot more braxton-hicks contractions lately. Some are even uncomfortable for me. They come on especailly after I do a lot of walking. Even walking in form the back of the parking lot at work carrying my laptop. I think I am going to talk to my doctor about these as well. I know that it is possible to get them at this point in the pregnancy, but it still feels too early for me.
- Scott and I started our baby registries this weekend. BabiesRus & Target. We haven't registered for a lot since there isn't too much that we need with this one. There are a few things that I didn't have with Brendan that I wish that I did. So we registered for them, and maybe we will see. We are still planning on keeping this pregnancy at a lower key since it is our second.
- Overall I think I am doing well. Completely in Maternity clothes at this point, feeling pretty good although I am still tired most of the time and i have to remind myself to slow down, take things easy and not try to do too much. I am excited for the weeks ahead as I get further into my pregnancy.
Monday, January 25
Pregnancy, Ultrasounds & Updates
It has been a while since I have updated my blog on my pregnancy. So I thought I would catch you up on my "progress" and what has been going on lately since I am now 24 weeks pregnant.