Friday, January 30
Last weekend, we took a drive and went to Long Beach. No special reason, just because. We walked around, looked at shops and enjoyed our time together. Here is one of the pictures of Scott and Brendan that I just love.
Another reason that I wanted to mention my husband today was for yesterday evening. Yesterday I came home from work, Scott and Brendan were sitting together on the couch, and there were roses on the table. What a sweet and thoughtful husband I have!
Wednesday, January 28
1. I secretly wish I had become a hair-dresser and had gone to beauty school instead of getting a Bachelors degree in Philosophy. Even though I am not very good at hair or make-up.
2. I have no desire to travel outside of the county, although I complain that the only place other than the U.S. that I have been to is Ensenada.
3. I love watching Brendan grow-up and learn new things, but part of me want him to go back to three months old when he just wanted me to hold him in my arms.
4. I have an excessive need to make lists, shopping lists, to-do lists, party lists, lists of resolutions. I usually lose them after they are complete.
5. I would much rather text someone than give them a call. I know it is less personal that way, but it is faster and easier.
6. I actually hate Valentines day.
7. I love to throw parties, although I don't think I am very good at it.
8. I used to love to cook....until I got married.
9. I have a shopping addiction; it is my stress reliever.
10. When I am feeling depressed I love to watch chick flicks. My current favorite Chick-flick is The Wedding Date.
11. Past favorites include: Notting Hill, You've Got Mail, and from High School, She's all that.
12. I do not like going to the movies, I get bored halfway through, even if it is a really good movie. I also do not compromise, I only go see movies that I want to see. If I am going to pay $10.00 to sit through a movie, it better be one that I REALLY like.
13. I sometimes feel guilty for not wanting to be a stay at home mom.
14. I love to wear a ribbon bow in my hair and pearls, I feel so feminine; although now I feel too old to wear ribbons in my hair.
15. I love wearing suits to work, but can rarely afford them.
16. Some Saturdays, my husband has to bribe me with McDonald's breakfast to get me out of bed.
17. I believe that rules should be followed, they are there for a reason. I am a rule follower (most of the time).
18. I am extremely allergic to wool. I can feel it instantly when a sweater has wool in it.
19. I have always wanted to learn how to knit (or crochet).
20. My favorite flowers are daises and daffodils.
21. Yellow is my happy color.
22. I don't know know what my life would be like without my sister around
23. There are times I am amazed that my husband and I ended up together.
24. I love my husband more each day, I love it when he wraps his arms around his little family and tells us how much he loves us.
25. I am grateful for every person in our large, crazy, family, no matter how crazy we are at times! I love them all.
Tuesday, January 27
Brendan now sits on his own, although sometimes he still flops over when he wants to change positions. Brendan also loves books, especially ones he can chew on! His favorite book is "One Oogly Eye" It is a monster book that I bought for him for Halloween, he loves the colors and the fun words. Brendan rolls over from side to side and all over the room with no problem at all. I lay him down, turn around and he is across the room. I'm not sure if I am ready for him to be crawling!And our newest excitement is that Brendan has learned how to scoop. When a toy is placed in front of him, Brendan will pull forward with his arms to get to the toy. YAY! Brendan Loves toys, some of his favorites include his beads, his monkey, and his activity bouncer. He also gets on all fours and will rock but hasn't figured out the movement yet for crawling. Any day now I am sure!
Some basic developments that most 6 months old can accomplish, include imitating sounds and babbling like crazy! Turning towards voices and we think he has learned his name. He also loves to eat his feet (apparently this is a very important milestone, who knew!) More advance developments including passing toys from one had to the other, jabbering, dragging toys toward him, and sits without support. He can hold his bottle with both hands although he still prefers me to hold it most of the time, he does not always tip it back to get the milk, but it is still progress!
Part of my favorite time right now is when I am gone for a while and come back, Brendan gets very excited to see me! I just dread when he gets to the point of crying when I leave. Brendan is also in the stage where he loves "social play" he loves for you to be on the floor playing with him. He is also starting to be more aware of his friends, Sammy and Mercy, but that is a different post! I know that I am late in getting this posted so I will leave you with some more 6 month pictures!
Wednesday, January 14
My brother and I have always been pretty close, although we are 5 years different in age, we have gotten along very well over the years. Being that he was younger, I beat up on him growing up, and now that he towers over me - he beats me up. We still tease each other, but I love my brother dearly, as strange as he is! It was nice to see him at Christmas and spend what short time we had together with him. It was also nice for him to get to see his nephew again.
Today, my brother turns 21, a scary day for the world. Today is also my son's half birthday! He is now 6 months old. As a tribute to both of them (plus I have been experimenting with my new video camera) I wanted to post a short video of my brother and his nephew. Enjoy!
It is really only the first half is of J.T. and Brendan, the rest you can just ignore. I haven't figured out how to edit it out....
Happy Birthday J.T.!
This is more than just a group of girls getting together, this is a commitment. We try not to cancel on each other except for real reasons (being sick for example). At times I know my sister will get annoyed when she asks to hang out on a Wednesday night and I tell her "sorry, it's Girl's Night." She just sighs at me and tells me I belong to "A Random Support Group." In a way, she is right. This is my random support group. Although the members have changed and we continue to add and lose friends, these girls are my support through life's issues that I face. When I was planning my wedding, it was these girls that helped stuff my wedding invitations and even helped me when I planned my sisters rehearsal dinner. Together we have been though birthdays, graduations, weddings, several moves, loss of jobs, starting new jobs, medical issues, we are on the third pregnancy of the group, as well as many other life trials that come our way.
Our husbands at times believe that Girl's Night is about husband bashing, and while we are given the opportunity to share stories, it is a time for us to vent about life and know that we are not the only one going through the situation, we all have been there. We discuss kids, husbands, jobs, school, parents, in-laws, future life plans, and anything else that is on our mind. Life has its ups and downs, having a group of friends to lean all can make a world of difference. We laugh together, cry together, pray for each other, and experience life - together.
Monday, January 12
Friday, January 9
Our friend and handyman is leaving me! They are moving to a house, yeah I know, good for them. But sad for us! Losing Dave is sad, but for me, losing Jenni is worse! No longer will I have a friend just downstairs to run to when I get upset, or borrow oil as I bake a last minute cake at 9:00 at night, or to stop by just to say hi after work before I go upstairs, or have someone check my mail when I am out of town. Just a couple weeks ago Jenni called me to say "your baby has been screaming for an hour and a half, do you want me to take him so you can have a break?" She then watched my screaming, teething child for two hours as I got my house clean and went to the grocery store. Have a close friend is good, but having one as a neighbor is wonderful! Jenni tells me that they only moved a couple miles away and it wont change much, but I am sad to see my friend leave. I know I am being selfish by wanting them to stay next door forever, but for the past 3 ½ years, that is where she has been. Good luck in your new house Jenni & Dave, I really am happy for you!