Tuesday, January 27

Well Baby check-up - 6 months

On Thursday of last week, my mom and I took Brendan in for his 6 month check-up. Overall it went really well. Brendan is still growing although he has slowed down from where he was before. Brendan now weighs 17 pounds, 7 ounces (50th percentile, down from the 75th) and has grown 1 inch, which makes him 27 inches long (75th percentile, down from the 90th). We are so excited for his development.
Brendan now sits on his own, although sometimes he still flops over when he wants to change positions. Brendan also loves books, especially ones he can chew on! His favorite book is "One Oogly Eye" It is a monster book that I bought for him for Halloween, he loves the colors and the fun words. Brendan rolls over from side to side and all over the room with no problem at all. I lay him down, turn around and he is across the room. I'm not sure if I am ready for him to be crawling!And our newest excitement is that Brendan has learned how to scoop. When a toy is placed in front of him, Brendan will pull forward with his arms to get to the toy. YAY! Brendan Loves toys, some of his favorites include his beads, his monkey, and his activity bouncer. He also gets on all fours and will rock but hasn't figured out the movement yet for crawling. Any day now I am sure!
Some basic developments that most 6 months old can accomplish, include imitating sounds and babbling like crazy! Turning towards voices and we think he has learned his name. He also loves to eat his feet (apparently this is a very important milestone, who knew!) More advance developments including passing toys from one had to the other, jabbering, dragging toys toward him, and sits without support. He can hold his bottle with both hands although he still prefers me to hold it most of the time, he does not always tip it back to get the milk, but it is still progress!
Part of my favorite time right now is when I am gone for a while and come back, Brendan gets very excited to see me! I just dread when he gets to the point of crying when I leave. Brendan is also in the stage where he loves "social play" he loves for you to be on the floor playing with him. He is also starting to be more aware of his friends, Sammy and Mercy, but that is a different post! I know that I am late in getting this posted so I will leave you with some more 6 month pictures!

3 comments:

Witness My Fitness said...

They really do grow up so fast! He is growing very well...Jackson went from 75 percentile in height and weight to 0 percentile....he was only 13 lbs at his 6 month check up! So, Brendan is doing REALLY good! Congrats on 6 months of motherhood! :)

Auntie Wiesow's Ramblings said...

He's getting so big! I can't wait to see him and you guys in a week!

Rachel said...

I am so excited as well! I can't believe it is only a week away!