Friday, October 1

October Beginnings

October 1st!
I have been looking forward to October for a while. I am not sure exactly why, but it just feels like a new beginning. Perhaps it is due to the stress at work at the beginning of the school year that I feel “If I can just make it through September…” Either way, I feel refreshed and excited! It is a fresh start!
Here are the reasons I am ready for October:
  1. As stated before, October is just less stressful at work after we get through the push of September. There are fewer deadlines, for October.
  2. Along with that, I have two weeks off from work this month. 2 more weeks of “Family Bonding” that I desperately need.
  3. My MIL comes to visit this month, although she is mostly coming to see my SIL, it will be nice for her to spend some time with my boys. Unfortunately, we do not get to see her as often as we like, so anytime we can is much appreciated.
  4. October brings my new nephew! My SIL is due October 12th. Talk about new beginnings!
  5. And speaking of more family bonging, this month I am taking my boys to Sacramento along with my sister and new niece. We will get to spend a week with my parents, see my grandparents and both my brothers! As well as catch up with a couple friends that I do not see too often.
  6. On our trip to Sacramento, we will take Brendan back to the train museum and hopefully get to ride the train. He has really been on this train kick lately!
  7. A friend of mine just received 2 precious children for adoption this week. I am so excited for her and her family. What a fresh start for her and these children! We are also having an adoption shower for her this month; I know she defiantly needs it!
  8. October brings the start of Christmas shopping for our family! Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love to shop, especially for presents for others!
  9. Scott turns another year older this month, which means a cause for celebration, and for 6 more months he is older than I am!
  10. Brendan will *finally* get his 2 year picture taken this month, as long as we can keep him, bump and bruise and black-eye free for at least one weekend to have pictures taken…
  11. And speaking of pictures, I want/hope to have a family portrait of us taken this month to be ready before the holidays are upon us. Anyone want to volunteer to snap a few photos of our family? Could be fun…(or a lot of work to get two kids halfway decent…)
  12. My sister and I are throwing my best friend a baby shower this month, we love throwing parties, and I love my best friend! Exciting new beginnings…
  13. This month our church will finally (hopefully) be able to move into our new building. An actual church building for the first time.
  14. October brings “Fall” (Southern California style) with pumpkin patches, the outdoors, caramel apples, new Disneyland decorations, and experiencing new things that go along with the season with a toddler.
  15. And OF COURSE October brings Halloween! While I was never a huge fan of the holiday, I get to dress the boys up cute, and Scott just loves Halloween! Especially when he gets to take his son out trick-or-treating.

What an exciting month! God is defiantly blessing us and those close to us. We are going to be busy but have oh so much fun! Wont you join us as we experience this journey? What a month!

2 comments:

Auntie Wiesow's Ramblings said...

Hey! If you can, I'd love to see you while in Sacramento. I have your fashion show DVD. Let me know what day you'll be at church so I can be sure to come see you! Happy October!

Janelle said...

Ummmm...I'm no professional, but I'd volunteer if you can't find anyone else to help with the photo. :)