Friday, February 20

House Update

Our realtor called Scott yesterday afternoon to let him know what was going on. We received a counter offer from the bank raising our price $5,000, which we were already prepared for. They also lowered the price of closing costs that they would cover. Our realtor sent another counter offer back saying that we would pay the higher price, but asking them to cover the full amount of closing costs. We are now waiting to hear back from the bank of whether they accept our counter offer or not. They may just come back saying they will not cover the whole amount of closing costs, and we are prepared for that. In our opinion, it is still less than we were originally looking, and so the price is still worth it! So, I am trying not to get too excited, but it looks like we pretty much got the house! Of course, you never know what is going to happen, they may change their mind at this point. I will continue to keep you updated as we hear.

Scott is very excited to be getting his family into a house with a backyard. He wants to provide the best for his family, especially for Brendan. The apartment was a great place for us for a while, but we were wanting something more and are excited for this opportunity. Hopefully we will know soon, otherwise, it will be a long weekend!

By the way, if anyone is looking for a realtor, we have a GREAT one we can give you the information to!

1 comment:

Auntie Wiesow's Ramblings said...

That's awesome! Don't forget to get a house inspection!