Friday, February 25

Caleb @ 9 months

I can't believe my baby is already 9 months old! Caleb hit the official day last Friday, so technically he is 9 months and 1 week. I know you probably get tired of moms saying this but it really does go too fast! I took Caleb to get his professional 9 month pictures with my mom last night (another past next week) and I might be a bit biased, but he is adorable!

Caleb started crawling at 6 1/2 months, and I took this video at 7 1/2 months, just now got around to posting it. It isn't much, and it turned out darker than I thought (guess we do need to turn on more lights in our house) but it shows him walking and of course my irritating whiny voice. I guess I know now where Brendan gets his voice from. Anyway, just a fun little video in honor of Caleb @ 9 months!



In honor of Shanda this week, I have included a "numbered list"of Caleb's recent (relatively speaking) development:

  1. Caleb learned to pull himself to a standing position on our ottoman at about 7 months, now he stands wherever he can, ottomans, cribs, mommy's legs while she is cooking.
  2. He loves to play with toys in big brother's room, especially since toys are always all over the floor. Even if Brother is not in the room, he knows exactly where they are and helps himself. My favorite part is walking in Brendan's room and finding them actually playing "together".
  3. I am not getting my hopes up that they will be best friends just because they are close together, but my hope is that they will at least occupy each other for a few years.
  4. Of course they crawling stage is still fairly new, although to watch him crawl towards the door when Daddy gets home from work, you would think he had been crawling since birth.
  5. Still no teeth. Brendan broke his first tooth at 9 months and 3 days. Caleb is now 9 months and 7 days...oh well.
  6. He is eating everything he can get his little hands on! I think his favorite is potatoes. I usually mix them with carrots, peas, or chicken, but no matter what it is accompanied with, Caleb will eat it. I don't think I have come across a food yet that Caleb doesn't like.
  7. He is still not interested in the sippy cup. I have introduced it to him a few times with juice, but he just slams it on his tray and makes a mess.
  8. Caleb is a talker, he jabbers away in his low raspy voice. Seriously, I have never heard a baby with a voice like his. I will have to get a video so you can hear his little voice.
  9. We still do at least 2 naps a day (sometimes 3 depending on our schedule) and we are finally back to sleeping through the night. We stopped for a few weeks when fighting the bad sickness that was going around.
  10. Caleb's growth has slowed a little, he is not growing quite as rapidly as he was for a while. No official stats, that will have to wait for the drs appointment next week. We are wearing 9 month clothing, just packed up all our 6 month clothing to pass on, but no where near ready for 12 months. He is chubbier than his brother, but not too much bigger like I expected.
  11. I just love this stage in his life. He is such a happy-go-lucky baby (most of the time) and loves his brother, wanting to be in the middle of it all. I just love what out family of 4 has become!

No comments: