Friday, May 1

Good News & Bad News

Starting with the Good News:

My Crib was not recalled after all. It seems as though it is the same crib that was recalled, but only cribs made between May 2006 and November 2007 were recalled. My husband looked at the crib label today and our crib was made in January 2008.

The Bad News:

I still don't feel like my crib is very safe since the slats creek and crack when pushed on. Did they switch the type of wood or thickness of wood from November to January? Or is it only a matter of time before they figure out my date range was faulty as well? This is also the third recall the company has had on cribs this year. It doesn't make me feel very safe but if they wont take back my crib, what more can I do? I think I may write them a letter...

For now, I will just keep a close eye on my baby in his crib.

2 comments:

Innerspace Yoga said...

he sleeps just like my son did, horizontally with hiney in the air! adorable! i'd be more concerned about the varnishes used to stain the crib; when my son was strong enough to pull up, he would bite and chew the rails!

Anonymous said...

Thats what Rachel did too. It looked like a beaver had invaded the room. Watch out - its in the DNA!