Friday, May 29

Oh the Pregnant Days

(No, I'm not pregnant)

It's funny the way a woman's mind works. While pregnant, I felt like I was miserable most of the time, I didn't even have that difficult of a pregnancy. All while I was pregnant women would tell me all the time, "I just loved being pregnant!" or "Isn't pregnancy the best? I miss being pregnant!" or even "I could be pregnant forever!" I just couldn't believe people loved being pregnant. I would always smile politely, but my friend and I (who was also pregnant) would talk about those crazy ladies who just didn't remember the real pregnancy days.

They didn't remember the sleepless nights, the exhaustion, the nausea, the mood swings (my husband remembers those!) the bloating, the backaches, the standing in front of a mirror in the morning crying because nothing fits you and you just feel fat.

And yet, I find myself watching pregnant ladies thinking, "I miss being pregnant, look how cute they are, I loved wearing maternity clothes." Wait! No I didn't! Why is my mind playing tricks on me?

My sister thinks that it is just programing within women, the way God created us, that no matter how uncomfortable we thought we were, all we remember is the feeling of life inside. It is our motherly instinct...

3 comments:

Random Thoughts said...

Wow Rachel! That title gave me my morning jolt. Beware, I got pregnant with Scott when Brianna was about 12 months...

Anonymous said...

Ya know...I do entertain myself...so I am a large fan of my blog. How have you been????

Rebekah said...

Genesis 3:16 ;)