Tuesday, March 17

Pear Jell-o

Happy St. Patrick's day!

Growing up, St. Patrick's Day was always a big deal. I ALWAYS wore green to School. My mother would try to make the day fun for us, she would pack green food in our lunch with mint cookies, I remember one morning we had green malt-o-meal for breakfast and maybe even green milk! She always wanted us to enjoy the holidays. Every year we had our traditional big St. Patrick's Day dinner with everything included: Corn beef, cabbage, potatoes, minced peas (gross!), key-lime pie, Irish Soda Bread and pear jell-o.

Pear Jell-o? What is Irish about that? I have no idea! But it is a tradition in our house, and it seems to be spreading. My first year of working at my job, I suggested that we have a "party" on St. Patrick's Day and all bring goodies. (Our office is always looking for an excuse to party.) That year I brought my "traditional" pear Jell-o and they were a huge hit! From then on, Jen in my office makes me bring them every year, and every year we have a party. This will be my 4th year bringing my "Famous Pear Jell-o" to work.
They are actually very simple to make, but somehow I always wait until the last minute to make them and stay up until 11:00 at night to finish them. In the center of the pear is a cream cheese mixture with powdered sugar and walnuts covered with Lime Jell-o. Considering half of the Staff is new this year, we will have to see how well they go over.

1 comment:

Taylor and Kristi said...

I have to say sounds interesting!!! Open to giving out the recipe or do you have to be a Reed to know the secret? :) You little one is sooo cute!!!