Thursday, September 3

Santa in the Mall

The other day I wandering the mall on my lunch break when a man caught my attention out the corner of my eye. He was an older man leaning against the edge of the second floor looking down at the first floor to what seemed to be people watching. Down below was The Children’s Place, Gymboree, Build-a-Bear, and so on. What really caught my attention about this man was that if I didn’t know better, I would have thought this man was Santa Clause.

Call me silly, I know, But there he stood in his wide-brimmed hat, his aloha shirt just as you would expect Santa to be dressed on his vacation. I could just imagine him make mental notes in his head of the children he saw below shopping with their mothers. “Naughty”, “Nice” and keep tabs on all of us. Gosh, I sure hope I wasn't naughty when he saw me shopping last week…just in case…

No comments: